Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello Blog World!!

Hello all! I am Zookeeper Mama (aka: Mama Roo). Zookeeper Daddy (aka Lion) and I have been married nearly 11 years now and even after 5 (nearly 6) kids, we're still INCREDIBLY in love, and massively happy together. I still can't figure out why God has chosen to bless my life with such a wonderful man, but he did, and I'm oh-so grateful. Then, of course, He (in His infinite wisdom) further blessed us with 5 (going on 6) beautiful babies:

Tortoise is our oldest (and before you ask SHE chose her zoo animal - the others didn't get a say cause that's the way I am!) and is a beautiful, talented, intelligent girl.

Our Oldest Son - Elephant - comes next, he is calm, caring, sweet, and helpful boy.

Zebra is square in the middle (at least until December when the new baby will join us). Zebra is an introverted, silly, crazy, sweet, beautiful girl who does her own thing in her own time and flat-out ignores anyone she doesn't consider worth her time.

Monkey-boy is next, our (currently) youngest boy is the life of the party... incredibly outgoing and funny, adorable and sweet little boy.

Vixen is our (currently) youngest girl. She is GORGEOUS but cranky, sweet AND a jerk, sunshine AND rainclouds... she's alternately a JOY and a pain, but always my darlin girl.

Also, I am currently pregnant with our 6th baby (Koala) and "due" December 19th (but since 5 out of 5 children were consistently born 2 weeks early) will probably arrive sometime around the December 5th. We are scheduled for a gender ultrasound next Friday, but who knows if baby will cooperate and let us know which color clothing to buy ;-) PLEASE baby, let me know!!

Giggle's Zoo is physically located within 2 miles of the vast majority of Lion's family. I LOVE that his family is so closely linked, even if they don't talk for days, or weeks, they have regular family get togethers that are always a blast (I'm certain there will be several posts on Lion's family so I will pick their zoo names then). Lion's little Sister (Penguin) does need a specific mention as there's no one else on the face of this planet that's willing to take over Giggle's Zoo when the Zookeepers aren't home... and doesn't ask to be paid for it either!! So I guess I should make her the Zookeeper Alternate!! LOL Although Penguin and I had a REALLY rough start, we are as close (or closer) than sisters now, and I honestly don't know how I'd maintain sanity in this zoo without her (
although there ARE days when I think SHE will be the cause of me being locked into the nuthouse!).

MY family is spread out all over the country and are not particularly close emotionally. My parents (Eclectus and Tiger) live in Texas with my adopted little brother Peacock. Mom (Eclectus - an exotic bird - I choose this cause she owns one and she's a bit eclectic) and Peacock visit at least once a year for several weeks, but Tiger very rarely is able to come due to work. Other than my parents, I don't talk to my family except through facebook. *shrugs*

that's the long and short of my family and this crazy life I call Giggle's Zoo!!

1 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Hey Mama Roo :) Welcome to the blog community :) We all love your kids, even if they are a little bit whacky :D I'm sure Baby Bear will have a wonderful time growing up with such awesome playmates :)