Sunday, October 3, 2010

"11 years of a Dream"

             Thursday was Lion & my 11th Anniversary! Wow, 11 years. Seems like a blink ago we were engaged, in my home state, having the above picture taken. My favorite engagement picture, and so very US, even now. Especially now. 
              In 11 years we've been blissfully happy. Lion has been there for me, for every moment, for every good day, and every bad. He's held my hand through every birth:
We've been God's instruments in bringing 5 beautiful babies into this world 
(and another come December)
Aren't they beautiful?!
                 They are the living proof of our love for each other, and I Thank God and Lion for each and every one of my little Giggle's, for the life growing inside me, and or the love and happiness that Lion gives me each and every day of our lives together. 
              It's not perfect mind you!! He drives me completely nuts sometimes, he throws stuff, kicks furniture, screams, has a fit, or punches walls when he blows his top gets angry at the inadequacies of electronics, or electricity, or whatever he's working on that isn't working right (never seems to lose his cool with people though.. never have figured that one out) which can be scary even though I *know* he'll never hurt any of us... and he has mentioned .... commented .... been frustrated by ... (whatever the right word is!) my inability to accept constructive criticism (or just a casual comment that I take as criticism when it obviously wouldn't have been viewed as such by any reasonable person) without getting ticked .. annoyed ... whatever. I'm sure he wishes I were a better housekeeper, and ... well, I'm sure there's more (!!) but all-in-all these are small frustrations in an overwhelmingly joyful marriage. 
             I am so very glad  ... happy ... elated ... thrilled (having trouble picking the right words today... the word I'm looking for is all of those and ever so much MORE) that Lion chose me, wanted wants me, loves ME, married me! ME! And even after 11 years, he hasn't changed his mind! I'm oh-so-happy I found Lion, love Lion, married Lion, and that we are still making each other so blissfully happy after 11 years!! Here's to 50 more babe! 
I Love You Lion. 

0 comments: