Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ZEBRA!!

My Zebra is 5 Years Old!!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to Zebra!!! Happy Birthday to you!!
    
      I can hardly believe it's been 5 years (and a week - cause I'm slow blogging about the birthday) since I looked like I look now while preggers with Zebra. 5 years ago, I was sitting around thinking.. I can't wait to meet our newest baby. I didn't even know yet if baby was a boy or a girl. We had names all picked out and ready, the baptismal outfits all sewn and ready (one for a boy, and one for a girl). My mom was visiting in preparation for the birth. Elephant and Tortoise were debating on the gender of their new sibling. Tortoise desperately hoping for a sister just like her (she got part of that wish, Zebra was a girl, but nothing like Tortoise - funny how personalities vary so much between siblings - but that's another post for another time), and Elephant loudly proclaiming his need for a brother. 
     And now my Zebra is 5!! We've done the waiting for a new brother/sister drill twice over since then, and are in the process of the third! Life seems to rush past so quickly, with very few moments where you stop and really THINK about how quickly the time flies by. Zebra's 5th Birthday was one of those moments... 5th birthdays always seem to be a moment to pause and reflect. I can't imagine my life without Zebra.  
       Aunt Penguin took pictures of the kids and I yesterday. The above pic of Zebra and I is one of my favorites. Penguin did a great job with the colors! She's been having loads of fun experimenting with photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom; hence my requesting she take maternity pics (I'll include more shots from that "session" on another post). I am oh-so-thrilled that Penguin was able to get this shot!

Happy 5th Birthday My Beautiful Zebra! 
No matter how old you are, you'll always be my little girl.





0 comments: