Saturday, October 16, 2010

Things I Love About Having Kids

None of us lack for a hand to hold.
My hands are rarely ever idle.
 I rarely feel Lonely.
So Many Beautiful Pictures!
Knowing that one day those pictures will bring back so many beautiful memories.
 
 Watching Tortoise and Elephant reading to Zebra, Monkey, and Vixen.
Seeing an older brother or sister helping a younger one without being asked.
Seeing knowledge bloom in their eyes 
and knowing that they just learned something new.
Seeing the world through their eyes.
They make me be a better person, simply by BEING.
Knowing that God trusts me to take care of these little bodies and glowing souls.
Always having someone available to “help” me make cookies 
– and eat them.
How they already love their unborn baby sister.
Never run out of reasons to get a Blizzard.


Christmas! Really, any Holiday! 
They're ever so much more fun with kids!
Listening to them playing happily together puts joy in my heart.

 
Seeing the joy on their faces when I tell them tales of “when they were little” 
like they’re already all grown up.
 
Knowing that their kids will enjoy the same stories.
I get to watch Spongebob without feeling like an idiot.
 Getting to swing on the swingset and not look like feel like an idiot.

There’s never a lack of someone who needs, or is willing to give, a hug
Watching my wonderful husband in Daddy-mode. 
Seeing such an amazing display of so many different personalities living together 
and not going crazy
-- there is some debate on whether or not we already ARE crazy though!

All these little people that look somewhat like me but act so very different. 

 
Holding my newborn baby and realizing that there never has been 
nor ever will there be 
another person quite like the tiny person I have in my arms.
 
And Knowing that oh-so-very-soon, my newborn won't be a newborn anymore.
The feeling of an unborn baby kicking. 
So many tiny clothes (I really lament this one when it’s time for laundry).
Baby Shoes and socks. They’re SO CUTE 
Bedtime stories

 AND Eventually – GRANDBABIES!! 
and I bet, a whole BUNCH of ‘em too!

Time to Give Credit Where Credit Is Due: Credit to Aunt Penguin aka Aunt Faith for taking all the pictures!! AWESOME job! *I* edited these but on her website are some of these same pictures with HER edits, and she's awesome!

0 comments: