Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Phases 2 and 3: All Girls Together



       :) it took a solid week, but I finally got the flooring laid in the Girl's New New Room, their beds moved, the playroom flooring laid in the "new" playroom (Vixen and Zebra's Old new room), and all the toys moved into the Playroom... here are pictures of the Playroom:


       The toddler bed is only in there temporarily as I thought it would be a good reading couch for the kids until Baby Koala needs her Toddler Bed (but that'll be over a year from now, since she hasn't even been born yet!!). The castle on the wall in the last picture will be moved to the new mural wall in the Girl's Room, as well as the other girly decorations in there (that I deliberately did not photograph). I plan placing decorations in this room over the next month or two and I'll post pictures when and if I get around to it. :)

     Next: Pictures of the current configuration of the Girl's Room:

The Top Bunk is Zebra's and the bottom is Vixen's
She moved from a toddler bed to a FULL SIZE!
Tortoise's bed -- the set was a gift from Grama Eclectus and Grampa Tiger

Handprints of everyone but Lion, as he wasn't home. :( 
The new Mural Wall.. the Castle from the new playroom will go on top of the hill, then I'm painting clouds and placing fairies on the clouds - this will incorporate Tortoise's previous Fairy Decor, and Z&V's Princess Decor all in one! – I still need to paint the sky blue and add clouds, but you get the gist
     
             Here are the Fairies I plan on putting among the clouds that have yet to be painted:

                One of the first questions Tortoise asked once her bed was moved in was "Where is Baby Koala's Bed going?" at which point I had to explain to her that the 2 Full size beds currently in the room don't leave enough room for another bed for Koala, so unfortunately, Tortoise will have to give up her pretty bed set – put in storage until either there are too many girls for one room or she moves out –at which point she can take her furniture. Tortoise pouted for a moment, then I showed her the bunk beds below and explained that she would get a top bunk, and probably share with Koala. SO, When Koala moves out of the Nursery into the Girl's Room, we will need to get 2 twin size bunk bed sets – I LOVE these:

And matching chests of drawers for their clothes – maybe something like these, but –obviously- matching the colors in the beds
Of course, if the Girls are all getting new bedroom furniture, *I* think it's only fair that the boys get it too, lucky for me the bunk beds I LOVE are gender neutral!! So we would ned 3 sets al together plus 6 (!!) chests of Drawers… better start saving now (cause THAT is gonna be EXPENSIVE)!

Phase 4 Begins maybe next week, during that Phase I will clean out Tortoise's "old" room, repaint it, lay new flooring & move all my scrapbooking and crafting things in from the current "craft room". Phase 5 should complete the project. In the final Phase, the "old" craft room will be transformed into a permanent Nursery for little Koala (and any other babies God chooses to give us). I plan on doing a Zoo theme such as Fisher Price Rainforest… I am VERY excited about finishing Phases 4 and 5!!

2 comments:

Faith said...

there are no pictures here....

Mama Roo from Giggle's Zoo said...

Yeah, I wrote it on MS Word for Blog Posts, but the pictures didn't transfer when it posted, so I just went back through and re-added them to the post... so NOW there are pictures.