Thursday, January 27, 2011

Koala's First (recorded) Deliberate Smile!!

Koala is smiling!! 

              Actually, she's smiled since Day 1... seriously!! She HAS! I have pictures to prove it (err... well, *I* don't but Aunt Penguin does... from the morning following her birth). All the silly baby books, and my experiences with her 5 older brothers and sisters, lead me to believe that infants can't - scratch that - don't smile till closer to their 3 month birthday, so... until the last week I was thinking... surely not... she's not really smiling, she's just making faces... not responding to our faces. But sure enough, she smiles when other's smile! AND she's been doing it quite deliberately for several weeks now! AND she's not yet 2 months old! YAY Koala! Anyway! I finally had the camera on-hand when she was in a smiley mood :-D So I'll shut up and post the pictures already! ;-)

"Yes Mama? Is there something I can do for you?"
 Yes my Sweet Little Bird, you can Smile!
"Hmmm... I'll think about it."
 C'mon Sweetie...
"Well, alright."





Isn't her smile just so darn adorable?!
--of course it is ;-)

0 comments: