Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting to Know the Giggles: Lion

My LION - The love of my life!
Lion and I met in an AOL chatroom. Really. :) He was in the military, and I had just signed my contract to go to Basic. I was still in college, so the military delayed my entry until the end of the semester. I was looking for someone to tell me what Basic would be like (I like to be prepared)... and Lion answered my questions. We spoke online for a few weeks (where I fell a bit in love with him), and then my friend and I drove to his base to meet him for the first time. It was during exam week... and I brought my Organic Bio book, so he sat with me and actually listened to my Bio info, and asked interesting and intelligent questions... From then on, we were together almost all of the time.... except when I was in class and he was on duty... but even then I would drive to the base and see him as soon as work and school were over. In just a few short months we were engaged to be married... and we've been happily marred since September of 1999... very shortly after my 19th birthday... yes, I was a teenage bride. :) Just after my 20th birthday, Tortoise was born. Then Elephant, Zebra, Monkey, Vixen, and now Koala... the Lord has blessed our marriage and our lives with wonderful years of happiness and love, beautiful children, and a friendship that can never be torn asunder. I can honestly say that Lion is, and will ever be, my best friend.

 The kids adore him!



Here is Lion and Tortoise... he took her to the Daddy/Daughter dance at her school last year -- it was the highlight of her year!

0 comments: