Thursday, August 12, 2010

School and other Stuff

Well, school is back in session.. 3 kids in school and only 2 at home is just flat-out weird! Today was Zebra's First day (staggered enrollment, she's back in Pre-K again this year because her birthday is ONE FREAKING day short of the Kindergarten cut-off). Tortoise and Elephant started back just this past Tuesday. Wow it's amazing to think of how fast they are growing... I remember Tortoise's first day of Pre-K.... I was a week or so away from delivering little Zebra (#3)... now I'm 22 weeks preggers with the 6th child (Koala)!!

Monkey, Vixen, and I went to our monthly pre-natal appointment with Stork today... we had a good talk about stuff going on -- as per our usual (as Stork also assisted in the delivery of both Penguin & Moose -- not to mention all of our kids, with the exception of Tortoise -- and Lemur used to assist Stork in her midwifery -- therefore she has an ongoing relationship with the the Family). I love seeing Stork - I always look forward to our appointments and the discussions we have on every topic under the sun.

There's alot been going on around here in the last few days since we got back from our Hot Spot Vacation, and I still feel like Alice must have felt when she went down the Rabbit Hole into Wonderland... Things are just plain nuts around Giggle's Zoo... hence the lack of posts. Maybe, now that the kids are back in school and life is settling back into our old school-is-in-routine, I will be able to spend more time here... less time running around like crazy and more time being normal. ;) as if I even understand what "normal"is... I guess "normal" is different for every person and every family... "normal" just took a trip in a really odd direction recently... I find downright crazy and confusing that.... well, nevermind... still not time to discuss some things... so since I can't keep my mind from wandering where I don't want to go, here's a new Giggle-ism!

Elephant: You know what tastes Good?
Zebra: What?
Elephant: Chickenbutt.
..... Zebra: Butts taste good?!
Mama Roo: *giggle*

-- for those of you who don't find this funny... a little explanation may be in order...
anytime someone in the family answers "What?" the answer is always "chickenbutt"
and the answer to the question "Why?" is always "Chicken Thigh"
this can get very annoying at first, but then you find yourself laughing when one of the kids gets GOT with a chickenbutt, or when they get YOU. *shaking my head* I never would have thought this remotely funny 10 years ago... my how people change over time ;)

0 comments: